Alliance of Knowledge and Action for Sustainable Livelihoods Management (AKAM) is a non-government, non-political and not-for-profit organisation. It envisions to seeing people with full dignity living in a state of peace and harmony with themselves and their nature. AKAM’s main focus is the establishment of a knowledge and action-learning alliance with and among different actors to bring about sustainable livelihood changes at the individual, groups, community and regional levels.
Learning and sharing are integral parts of our accountability principles to our supporters and beneficiaries. Therefore, we are accounable to the results and objectives expected, the vulerable poor people to be reached, efficient use of resources at our disposal, and above all, the trust and respect bestowed upon us by the government, funding and local partners.
What we do
- Empowerment of women and gender equality.
- Sustainable livelihoods and economic alternatives, especially for women.
- Build resilience capacity to agriculture and climate risks.
- Strengthen community structures and institutions for education, agricultural services, rural finance, marketing, etc.
- Strengthen learning and training facilities for students and schools, and for farmers.
- Promote healthy nutrition, including water, sanitation & hygiene practices. Read more
We Find & Fund
We search for opportunities to support as many men, women, youth, and children as possible. Project grants obtained from donors and supporters are invested to empower mosty needy people.
We provide capacity building, facilitation, and advisory services that are gender-responsive and demand-based. Our services are continously improved from our lessons and that of others.
We run need-based skill training on topics that matter to the rural families and youth to innovate, seek opportunities, and adopt best practices.
Numbers that speak
We have numbers that push us to give in our best and make sure that we break our own records.
We are happy to be growing and helping more day by day.